About Tim Bauer
Tim has recently been named the 2019 Photographer of the Year at the Australian Magazine Awards, you can read more about this wonderful achievement here – https://www.australianphotography.com/news/sydney-photographer-recognised-at-australian-magazine-awards
Tim has decided to share his knowledge with those who want to learn the skills that will enable them to realise their own artistic vision and fast track their photographic journey. Hobbyist, professional or student, there is a program that will suit every level, and you can find all of Tim’s workshops on his web site – https://timbauerbootcamp.com
This workshop is suitable for people with basic photography skill through to advanced. If you know how to use the manual mode and change settings like ISO, aperture and shutter speed you are good to go! Tim uses Hasselblad and Profoto gear to create his portraits, and there will be a range of this equipment for you to play with.
Date: 21st June
Time: 1:30pm – 4:30pm
Location: Turks Head Gallery
This workshop is where you get to actually shoot portraits in the Turks Head studio. Tim will instruct you with a hands-on workshop covering the following-
- Lens Selection – what lenses work best for your specific shot ideas.
- Natural Light-how light falls and how to achieve the look you want.
- Studio Flash-how to use Profoto studio flash, what light shapers work best and how to mix ambient and flash.
- Diffusing and bouncing light-master how to use reflectors and recognise best practice methods of diffusing light.
- Exposure-how to shoot for highlight and shadow areas and how-to exposure your image correctly.
- Directing-how to communicate effectively with your subject to get the most out of them and put them at ease.
- Styling-working with different backgrounds and lighting to achieve the looks and mood you want.
Including your digital Workflow using both Capture One and Lightroom to edit your photos. There will also be Sigma portrait lenses available for Nikon, Canon and Sony mounts plus Profoto Air TTL remotes to use with the ProFoto studio lights, and Hasselblad cameras including the X1D II.
This is a hands-on shooting workshop exclusive to Turks Head so expect to come away with some fantastic shots to start building your portfolio. Expect to shoot three different setups on the day and end with a workflow tutorial. Tim and his team will guide you through and help you every step of the way.